Tuesday, July 7, 2009

9) El Buen Gusto - Salvadorean/Latin American - East Boston - We found this place by absolute fluke while discovering East Boston with a friend (she was visiting from New York and I was proving that I could show visitors more than Harvard Square - which, it turns out, I really cannot). After walking in and out of three somewhat shady right-out-of-a-mehico-movie restaurants, we stumbled on EBG. We were hot, hungry and irritable but I want to think the papusas were fantastic notwithstanding any of that. In fact, I am certain they were because I walked home with one in a box and they tasted just as good at 8 PM after a few mins in the oven. Equally super - fried bananas + real cream sauce. Delish!


2 comments:

  1. yummy... freid bananas and ice cream.. yayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its actually, not ice cream - but a think cream sauce (like sour cream only, not sour). But yes, Yumm.

    ReplyDelete