Sunday, June 13, 2010

An Update.

I was eating the most divine baked egg whites with smoked salmon and chive-cheese in a Soho cafe when the guilt hit. As a master guilt evader, I continued to eat. And rave. And in some small measure of consolation, think-write this blog in my head. I took pictures when I could, made incidents of funny food stories in my light green moleskin and generally convinced myself that I would write. That night. The day after. The weekend?

Fifty One weekends too many, I am on my Palo Alto couch, finally admitting that I have a problem. You see, even if only three humans are reading this (Beep -- I know you are and you do count), I have this need to finish my top 20 Boston eat-outs before I can write about all the other places that have fed me this past year (Madras, Delhi, Belgium, Brugge, London, Burford, SFO, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, New York...). So when I am eating the crab pepper fry at Anjappar on Sunday afternoon or eating a second round of potato-roast (best before noon on Sundays only) at Komala Vilas, the Bloggakrishnen in me wants to rush back home and write (usually, after a nap) but there are just 12 more Boston reviews (already outlined on my yellow pad) to write before my OCD will let me actually move focus to the Bay Area.

This sheepish update, unfortunately, does not really help the situation. I am just writing to say I am going to start writing again.

SB x


No comments:

Post a Comment